The Senior Section meets every Thursday from the end of September to mid April. Ladies and Gents are welcome.
A 15 hole Stableford League competition is held where the player with the best 6 scores over the season wins the trophy. Members assemble for a draw at 9.30.
At present we have three away days at other courses where we play for a 36 and 18 hole trophies. We play a match with Kirkcudbright EGGS annually.
In May we have a 3 day trip to the Borders organised by Dave Nielsen
|26th September 2019||Roddie Hermon Cup||Brian Porteous|
|16th October 2019||1st Round of 36 Hole Trophy at Lochmaben||Dave Aitken|
|12 December 2019||Christmas Lunch|
|20th February 2020||Alan Walker Trophy||Not Played|
|12th March 2020||18 Hole Trophy at Glenluce||Wave Tyrrell|
|26th March 2020||Second Round of 36 Hole Trophy at Powfoot||Not Played|
|16th April 2020||Final League & Lunch||Abandoned|
|21st September 2020||Match v Kirkcudbright EGGS||Home|
|24th September 2020||Roddie Hermon Cup|
|1st October||9 Hole competition and AGM|
New Galloway Golf Club Seniors’ Section Annual Meeting 2018.
Minutes of the meeting held in the clubhouse on Thursday 4th October 2018, commencing at 9.30 a.m.
Present: Dave Aitken, Brian Duguid, Jackie Duguid, Terry Haine, Ian McCulloch, Erica Porteous, Brian Porteous, Stuart Rhodes, Les Rogers, Elena Rogers, Derek Shipley, Wave Tyrrell, Chris McIntyre, Ian Brown, Linda Brown, Ronnie Ritchie, Paul Nicolson, Mike Jackson, John Crallan, Tom Leach and Dave Nielsen (part).
Apologies: Jeff Sutcliffe
1. The chairman, Dave Aitken welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. The minutes of the last meeting on Thursday 5th October 2017 were agreed.
3. Matters arising: None.
4. Chairman’s Report: Dave Aitken reflected on a great season last year and congratulated the winners.
5. Treasurer’s Report: Jackie Duguid presented a healthy set of accounts for the year. We started the year with a balance of £448.52 and finished with £524.78. It was agreed to make a donation to club funds of £200.
Dave Aitken thanked Jackie for her report.
6. Election of Office bearers:
Chairman Dave Aitken
Secretary Wave Tyrrell
Treasurer Jackie Duguid
Match Secretary Wave Tyrrell
Borders trip Organiser Dave Nielsen
7. Christmas Lunch: Jackie Duguid will organise a buffet lunch to be held in the clubhouse on 13th December with contributions and raffle prises provided by members.
8. Format for 2018/2019:
a. No basic change
b. It was decided to have a trial of playing in teams for 2 weeks.
i. In 3 Balls, the two best stableford points count at each hole.
ii. In a 4 Ball, one player will drop out at each hole in turn according to handicap beginning with the player with the lowest handicap.
iii. When there are 2 Balls the best score in each team will count.
iv. Players will contribute 50p to the team kitty.
v. The Team kitty will be awarded to the players in the winning team except for those who have won a first or second prize.
c. There will be 2 divisions
i. Golfers with an adjusted handicap of 16 or less,
ii. Golfers with an adjusted handicap of 17 or more
iii. Prizes of £5 and £3 will be awarded to the first and second places in each division,
iv. Handicap reductions of two shots (for first place) and one shot (second place) will be made in each division, 4 players in all.
d. Competitions will be played in accordance with the New Rules of Golf for 1019 starting from the first League on 11th October.
9. Away Days: Wave will investigate and come back to players. The Alan Walker Trophy will be held on 21 February and the away day rescheduled.
10. Matches: The match with Kirkcudbright Eggs will be arranged on a Monday at an earlier date in August or September.
11. The Roddy Hermon Cup: will be played on Thursday 26th September 2019
12. Borders Trip: It was agreed that Dave Nielsen will investigate and come back to players.
13. Any Other Business: None
The meeting closed at 10.00 a.m